You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty!
The struggle is real. How hard is it to keep our optimal water levels balanced? How many of us attempt to drink the 8 glasses per day, but fail by lunchtime? I know I am guilty, and plenty of my clients are..but I have a sign in my room, that reminds me every day why it is important to drink life’s essential liquid, and when I read the words, I’m prompted to drink!
Here it is;
- Without water, nothing lives.
- Comparative shortages of water first surpasses and eventually kills some aspects of the body.
- Water is the main source of energy. It is the ‘cash flow’ of the body.
- Water is the main solvent for all foods, vitamins and minerals. It is used in the breakdown of food into smaller particles and their eventual metabolism and assimilation.
- Water energizes food, and food particles are then able to supply the body with this energy during digestion. This is why food without water has absolutely no energy value for the body.
- Water increases the body’s rate of absorption of essential substances in food.
- Water is the main lubricant in the joint spaces and helps prevent arthritis and back pain.
- Water is used in the spinal discs to make them ‘shock-absorbing water cushions’
- Water helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Water prevents clogging of arteries in the heart and in the brain.
- Water gives us power and electrical energy for all brain functions, most particularly, thinking.
- Water is directly needed for efficient manufacture of all neurotransmitters, including serotonin.
- Water is directly needed for the protection of all hormones made by the brain, including melatonin.
- Water can help prevent attention deficit disorder in children and adults.
- Water increases efficiency at work. It expands your attention span.
- Water helps reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- Water restores normal sleep rhythms.
- Water is a better pick-me-up than any other beverage in the world…and it has no side effects
It also increases energy, relieves fatigue, promotes weight loss, is a natural headache remedy and boosts the immune system!
The body is made up of around 70% water. It is needed. Period. A human body needs water to function the right way, and there are consequences of not drinking enough water, both physical and mental.
You just have to be reminded!
18 reasons your body needs water are taken from the book “You’re not sick, You’re thirsty” by F. Batmanghelidj M.D. (link to his works at Barnes & Noble ) https://g.co/kgs/XjZ9sH